The Altar is a symbol of God’s presence in His church. The members of Altar Guild are called to serve God by preparing and maintaining articles used in the worship life of the church.
The work is a privilege and honor. Some of our duties include:
• Preparing for the administration of the Sacrament of Holy Communion, including home Communion
kits for those who are not able to attend worship service.
• Assisting the Acolytes in their service.
• Displaying flowers on the altar and delivering them to members who are hospitalized or who are
• Insuring proper liturgical colors for all paraments on the altar, pulpit and lectern.
• Preparing for baptisms.
• Purchasing worship service supplies.
• Cleaning and storing items after the service.
• Caring for the fine linens, including laundering and ironing.
• Tending to the candles.
• Decorating the church for special and holiday services such as Palm Sunday, Easter, Thanksgiving,
For new Altar Guild volunteers, training with experienced members is always provided.
Our meetings are held the first Wednesday of each month, September through May, at 7:00 PM in the Sacristy.
If you are interested in learning more about the Altar Guild, please give Lori DeVries a call at (602) 326-0104, or email at email@example.com. You can also call the church office at (480) 947-7495.